Sunday, March 9, 2014

Men Will Be Boys Album Cover



Hey all,

I was commissioned by the band Men Will Be Boys to do their album cover! I've had a lot of fun with it. I was originally going to go with these wooden women-silhouettes because they had some in 2d format they really liked, and wanted one to have a sweater on. This was an early version:


... However, they decided this was a too "new" sort of look; they wanted something that was reminiscent of the 60s, with a bit of a country appeal. So this is the newer version (unfinished):


I love doing book and album covers! It's really fun, I get to work with my clients to find out what they really like, and then try to emulate what I think they'd enjoy the most while trying to make it as presentable as possible. Very fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment