Monday, May 31, 2010
Well, I'm done my assignments for this semester. I was going to do one more prop, and then it would count as two assignments, but I decided that I didn't really need more practice at making low poly weapons etc.
I also have been updating my UNSC APC's texture and light rig. It looks a hell of a lot better than it did before, and on my demo reel. The reason being... mia_carpaint. I just couldn't get that dang material to do what I wanted it to do, and then ran out of time before my demo reel was due.
Now it's a basic blinn with some texture channels, and looks way better.
Friday, May 28, 2010
I'm still working on my fantasy props today. All of the props are between 98 and 100 polys, with 512x512 maps. This is fun, and apparently if I do a bunch it'll count as two projects. I think I'll do perhaps three more before I move on to something else.
If we can work out how to get these into the UDK and make some basic scripts it would be fun to get them all working. We'll see what happens.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
I've also been blocking out ideas for a new map in the UDK. I can't really settle upon an idea at the moment, but that's okay because I have plenty of other projects to get on top of.
Anyway, here's one that I'd like to do, made mostly of cubes and cylinders. Essentially they're just placeholders that give me an idea of the scaling etc of my map, and what the basic layout will be like.
I've been getting some practice in, lately, with low poly, low rez props. All pictured below have a 512x512 diffuse, normal, and specular map, and are either 99 or 100 polys.
I plan to make a couple more, but here are today and yesterday's practice ones.
Monday, May 17, 2010
I am so incredibly annoyed that these shows are on TV. I have a very simple point to make:
THEY ARE INTELLECTUALLY/EMOTIONALLY RETARDED AND HAVE NO PLACE ON TV AT ALL.
Here are my modified posters, which describe the shows with much, much better accuracy.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Yeah yeah, laugh it up, I'm making a map out of a giant mushroom. Bit of a leap of faith for my 1st map, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Yesterday, however, it crashed 16 times altogether, and for the life of me I couldn't get my custom collision models to work. In the first pic you can see how the UDK decided that the cylinder at the bottom, my custom collision, is not in fact a cylinder but two triangles that go into infinity in either direction.
I cannot explain this mysterious decision on the UDK's part.