This is a reasonably low-poly guillotine largely based off of old French blueprints found by the artist. The model is based upon these original designs, animated, and given highly-detailed PBR materials. Several additional detailed materials have been added to suit your thematic needs: standard wooden, mouldy, old/dusty-mouldy and a blood material that can be used with blend nodes to lay on top of the others (example included in project). These materials can be mixed and matched in blueprinting to create additional combinations.
The pack includes:
- A guillotine and rope static mesh/animations, as well as individually laid-out meshes should you need to create, for example, un-assembled pieces on a table.
- Guillotine and rope use five materials. Size variations are the standard 4096/2048/1024/512 resolutions. With three main material sets, and one blood material that can be laid on top of these materials as an extra detail. An example material displaying how to blend the blood layer in is included in the project's material directory.
- A rope animation and blade animation, as well as animation blueprints for both. Animation blueprint is simple and set to a preferred speed, but can be altered for your needs. The inclusion of individual meshes allows you to create your own within the engine.
- An example map with the main asset and material variations laid out in 4k resolution, set to the Unreal Marketplace standards. Ground material in test map is from starter content.
- Materials: Materials use the base colour, metallic, roughness, normal and ambient occlusion channels. There are four material “sets”, with 4096, 2048, 1024 and 512-sized versions, for a total of 80 materials.
- Textures: Three textures per material, with ambient occlusion, roughness and metallic contained within an individual texture's RGB channels.
- Example Level: Includes a simple landscape set to the Unreal Marketplace's default scene settings. Materials are not yet instanced, assuming user will want more flexibility, but are cleanly laid out and ready for immediate instancing. Example level's ground material is from Epic's free starter content.